The SHRM-Morris County Chapter is a community of HR professionals offering monthly educational and networking opportunities for our members and the business community. We also provide programs and workshops that support member career transition, as well as community organizations seeking our expertise.
We pride ourselves on being a 100% chapter. This means that our Chapter members are also members of SHRM Global. This arrangement allows us to offer Chapter membership for free and to maintain chapter meeting fees at affordable rates.
What's In It For You?
People join our chapter to enhance their professional knowledge and skills, to keep informed on issues relevant to our changing industry, and to meet great people. Many develop leadership skills through volunteer opportunities, as a member on our Board, by participating on a special project or helping with a monthly meeting. Here is a list of just some of the many benefits of becoming a Chapter member:
- Exceptional educational and networking opportunities with approximately 700 members;
- Monthly events and annual half day workshops featuring engaging and informative guest speakers on the latest HR topics of concern to our employers and businesses;
- HRCI recertification credits for PHR, SPHR or GPHR professionals;
- Federal and NJ legislative updates to keep our members abreast of compliance issues and emerging case law;
- Scholarship opportunities for members seeking HRCI Certification, and Study Buddy sessions for those studying for the HRCI exam;
- Convenient meeting location - The College of St. Elizabeth located at 2 Convent Road in Morristown (Visit www.cse.edu for directions);
- Breakfast and dinner meetings to accommodate the various scheduling needs of our members; and
- Flexible, affordable meeting fees - Members $35; Members InTransition $20; Non-members $50; Non-members InTransition $30.
- Special member-only benefits through our resource partners. Click here for details.
So why not visit us to learn first hand how chapter membership may benefit your career. Check out our Events page to learn about attending the next chapter meeting that fits your schedule.
How To Join Us
FIRST, you must be a member of SHRM Global in order to join the Morris County Chapter. If you are not already a member there, you will need to apply. You can apply on line at www.shrm.org or complete the Global SHRM Membership Application and mail it in.
SECOND, to join the Morris County Chapter or to transfer your primary Chapter designation, please send your request in an e-mail to Kristi Telschow, VP Chapter Membership, and include the following information:
1. Full Name
2. Company Name or if in-transition
3. Category of expertise
4. National SHRM ID number
5. National SHRM expiration date
6. Whether you want Morris County Chapter to be your primary or not
7. Phone Number
9. Any acquired SHRM certifications
10. How you heard about the Morris County Chapter
11. Do you want to learn about volunteer opportunities and open roles?
Individuals in career transition may be eligible to join or renew their membership with SHRM for free. Click here to learn more.
To join Global SHRM at a reduced cost ($15 off the regular membership price):
- GO ONLINE: www.shrm.org
- CLICK: Join/Renew
- COMPLETE: The online enrollment form and be sure to enter promotional code (0118) in the box indicated
Click here to learn about Volunteer opportunities with the Chapter.